Many of the products you find on the market are not a low voltage heated mattress pad. Rather, many of these products have voltage that is as high as 120 volts. This is simply the way that the product was made. Now, you can purchase quality products that have the same ability to warm your bed but have a low voltage. If you are in the market for a new mattress pad, this may be one of the most important features you look for.
Why It Matters
Although there are many products on the market today that can be specifically labeled as safe, it is always best to select products that are known to be safe. If you can purchase a product that uses less voltage, you will have a safer product to sleep with. At the same time, you will be using far less electricity to run it, which means an even lower electric bill to deal with. In other words, any time that a low voltage option works for you, you should use it.
Nevertheless, keep the following in mind:
- A low voltage heated mattress pad provides more safety to the user than other products.
- There is no electromagnetic radiation associated with these lower voltage products, which is always a good investment.
- Many of these devices still provide you with the level of warmth that you are looking for, which is generally a gentle increase in the overall temperature of the bed to the level you set.
- These devices still need to be ETL or UL Listed in order to be safe to operate and to use in your home. Be sure of this before using the product.
- Ensure that the lower voltage product is still able to be cleaned easily so that this does not become a problem for your particular needs.
- Be sure that the product also offers a fitted fit, so that you do not have to worry about the mattress pad sliding around during the night and creating an uncomfortable lump in the bed.
A low voltage heated mattress pad is a great investment for many people. It is an affordable and easy to use solution that can help to keep you and your family safe at night while also providing you with that extra warmth you are looking for. Turn down your thermostat, hop into bed and relax knowing that you are safe with your mattress pad.